Friday, February 19, 2010

Mary Boone Opening

So last week I was treated to my very first gallery opening that
had famous artists and passed hors d'oeuvres! I had been waiting
a long time for one of those...
Anyway, our gallery crew attended the opening of Mary Boone's
Ross Bleckner show, which I have to say was interesting but not
for the reasons one would expect. The most interesting paintings were
the ones he did on metal:
Bleckner2
Ross Bleckner 
The Substitution of Time for Eternity
72" by 96"
oil/photographic paper, aluminum
2008-2009 



The show was laid out very nicely, but unless you are a die-hard Ross 
Bleckner fan, the material wasn't all that exciting. Don't get me wrong, it is 
beautiful and you can see his skill as an artist, but I feel like he's 
done very similar canvases or at least themes in the past. The exciting part 
was the other artists who were in attendance: Chuck Close, Mary Heilman 
and of course Mr. Bleckner himself. I am still mad that I never went to 
say hi to Chuck Close when he was all by himself (almost) on the 
beach at Art Basel Miami, and it would have been THE PERFECT 
opportunity to say how much I like his work. Oh Well. Passed 
hors d'oeuvres, wine, expensive clothing designers and the art world 
elite rounded out this midtown opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment